Our Code of Conduct
It acts as an ethical compass to be followed by all staff within the Group, irrespective of workplace and function. The code of conduct applies to Nolato’s Board members and contract-based staff as well. The code also sets out what we expect of our suppliers.
Our Code of Conduct is based on documents such as the UN Global Compact, international guidelines and conventions, and the ISO26000 social responsibility standard.
We respect human rights
- We treat all people with fairness, dignity and respect.
- We support and encourage diversity.
- We do not treat employees differently on the basis of their gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political views, social background or ethnic origin.
- We respect the right of all employees to form unions.
- We do not harass, threaten or discriminate.
- We do not tolerate child labour, illegal labour or forced labour.
We create good working conditions
- We aim to eradicate occupational accidents and do not compromise on health and safety in the workplace.
- We take a preventive approach to reduce the risk of accidents and industrial injuries.
- We offer staff opportunities to develop professional skills and abilities.
- All production units are to be certified in accordance with the OHSAS18001 work environment system.
We are an active corporate citizen
- We are involved in the local communities where Nolato has operations and endeavour to employ and develop local staff and managers.
- We participate in projects and cooperation with industrial networks, schools, technical colleges, universities and research institutes.
- We prioritize the support and sponsorship of organizations that share our values and that benefit the societies in which we operate.
- We take a neutral position on political issues. Neither the company’s name nor its financial resources may be used for political purposes
We adhere to good business ethics
- We never offer gifts, benefits or payments that could influence, or be seen to influence, the objectivity of the recipients’ decisions or that breach legislation and/or local practice.
- We do not accept gifts, benefits or payments that could influence, or be seen to influence, the objectivity of our decisions or that breach legislation and/or local practice.
- We avoid situations in which company loyalty could come into conflict with personal interests.
- We comply with competition law and promote fair competition.
- We ensure that all staff can raise concerns about irregularities within Nolato, without the risk of personal consequences for whistleblowers.
We address sustainability issues
- We work towards long-term goals to reduce the company’s environmental impact.
- We conserve energy, water and materials and other natural resources and aim to increase our use of renewable materials.
- We take account of environmental and health factors when choosing raw materials, chemical products and distribution methods.
- We endeavour to cut our emissions of greenhouse gases.
- We have sound emergency procedures based on the systematic evaluation of the risk of accidents, fires and uncontrolled emissions to the environment.
- We use our expertise to provide eco-optimization of customers’ products.
- We disclose transparent and objective information about our environmental work to our staff, the general public and authorities.
- We publish a sustainability report annually in accordance with internationally accepted guidelines. It is available at www.nolato.com/sustainability.
- All production units are to be certified in accordance with the ISO14001 environmental management standard.
We aim to always deliver the right quality
- We aim to always meet our customers’ exacting requirements, needs and expectations by delivering services and products of the right quality.
- We are continually improving our operations.
- We conduct regular evaluations of our quality assurance measures through analysis, recording of discrepancies and internal/external audits.
- All production units are to be certified in accordance with the ISO9001 quality assurance system and applicable sector-specific certifications.
We set sustainability requirements for our suppliers
- We work with suppliers that accept and comply with Nolato’s code of conduct. We also expect them to pass these values and ethical principles on to their suppliers.
- We assess suppliers prior to and during our cooperation with them.
- We encourage our suppliers to introduce certifiable management systems on quality, the environment and work environment.
- We regularly follow up supplier performance within business ethics, social responsibility and sustainability. If they do not comply with our requirements this can result in demands for improvement or cessation of cooperation.
We communicate honestly and clearly
- Nolato’s communication with all stakeholders should be honest and clear. Our aim is for effective communication in order to promote Nolato’s business and fulfil the requirements of our public stock listing.
- We respect all employees’ freedom of expression about matters that concern them personally. On issues regarding Nolato’s business conditions and operations, however, only the respective company management are entitled to communicate on behalf of Nolato. All enquiries about Nolato’s business conditions and operations must therefore be referred to local company management or Group management. All external information that could affect the development of Nolato’s share price must be communicated by either the CFO or the CEO.
We raise concerns about serious irregularities through whistleblowing procedures
- All staff have the opportunity to raise concerns about serious irregularities, without the risk of harassment or opposition, using Nolato’s whistleblowing system.
- Serious irregularities include unethical or illegal behaviour, fraud and serious breaches of the code of conduct, such as bribery or discrimination against employees.
- Whistleblowing must not be used for general dissatisfaction or other matters that can be resolved in direct contact with the relevant persons. False accusations are not tolerated and may result in disciplinary action.
- Anyone who suspects the occurrence of a serious irregularity and does not feel able to raise the matter with their line manager or more senior management, or who has raised the matter but has not received the desired response, can report their suspicions by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- This message will go to an external party who is free to act on the information submitted and ensure that an investigation is initiated.