Avenue - a Nolato company based in Finisklin Business Park, Sligo is an award-winning mould-building company, and a growing medical device precision injection moulding business that has been successfully serving Ireland and the broader European markets for 30 years. Avenue also brings expertise in building ultra-high-cavitation tooling for the medical device, diagnostics, and pharmaceutical markets.
The primary role of the Production Manager is to supervise the production operations of all Injection Moulding operations. The position requires supervision of the Shift leads and Production Operators by directing mould set-up, processing, and material handling. Duties will include ensuring that raw material is handled and processed correctly, that finished goods are properly packaged and labeled, and that employees are properly trained and have safe working conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor work-in-progress and coordinate daily machine assignments according to priorities, customer demands and operational capabilities.
- Oversee production procedures, documents, and records to maintain ISO certification.
- Keep employees informed on matters relating to quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Training and mentoring of Shift Leads and Production Operations team.
- Monitoring all production records and verifying their accuracy.
- Input & oversee the planning and scheduling of production and deliveries.
- Ensure production plans are followed to maximise efficiencies.
- Assist managing inventory levels of raw materials and packaging materials to ensure no stock-out.
- Interface with Human Resources to coordinate staffing, training, performance reviews and disciplinary action when needed.
- Work closely with the Quality & Regulatory Affairs Manager and Supply Chain Manager in preparing Quality & Delivery Performance Metrics.
- Support various in-house company related meetings, departmental & customer meetings when required.
- Responsible for immediately reporting to management all environmental concerns related to work being carried out, as well as, all incidents, which present a hazard to people, production, or the environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 6 years’ prior experience in a production/manufacturing management role.
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to motivate a team of people and perform the role with integrity and authenticity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relay information regarding company goals and updates.
- Proven organisational and time management abilities with ability to prioritise and delegate tasks.
- Proven track record of implementing continuous improvement/operational excellence initiatives a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting injection molds and injection molding processes, and an understanding of the required quality standards desirable.
- Knowledge of repair and maintenance of molds to support production requirements desirable.
- Positive, adaptable, and energetic attitude.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and Management reporting.