Nolato GW is a global leader in precision injection molding and contract manufacturing for the world’s most successful healthcare, automotive, and industrial OEMs.
Join an organization that is respected throughout the industry for our advanced technology, quality, and innovation – all while enjoying the benefits of stable ownership, a collaborative culture, professional development, continuing education, global opportunities, and an exceptional benefits package.
The Team Leader will oversee Production, Quality, and Safety on the shift. The Team leader will have four key areas of responsibility with respect to production: supervising, processing, materials, and mold setting. He or she must have the ability to efficiently set-up, start-up, and maintain 35 to 500 ton molding machines and associated auxiliary equipment while overseeing operations. The Team leader will also see that raw material is handled and processed correctly, and will ensure that employees are adequately supervised and have safe working conditions.
- Train personnel in proper molding machine operations, so that they are able to perform their jobs in a safe productive manner.
- Diagnose and correct problems with the molding processes, including molds, set ups, automation, etc.
- Perform mold set-up, start-up, troubleshooting, repair and approval of production runs using accepted GW quality standards.
- Interface with the Quality, Materials and Scheduling personnel to ensure efficient resolution of problems and minimal machine downtime.
- Monitor molding parameters using approved techniques, to ensure conformance to quality guidelines and standard cycles.
- Initiate MCA’s and work orders to correct problems with molds, molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Comprehend and work with material handling systems.
- Coordinate and assist with training and corrective action completion/monitoring.
- Supervise shift employees and manage the performance process, including conducting performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain housekeeping and organization of entire production floor and warehouse (5s’).
- Coordinate staffing and/or machine assignments, including prioritization of secondary operations, mold changes, processing problems.
- Read and follow all instructions on the Quality Assurance Requirements document (QAR).
- Visually inspect product to the requirements as specified on the QAR and the General Appearance Samples (GAS), prior to start-up submission.
- Perform line clearing in the event of process interruptions and/or adjustments.
- Follow company safety rules, procedures, policies and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Strive to be a contributing and supportive member of our team.
- Display a cooperative and positive attitude toward your teammates.
- Perform other duties as may be required or requested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of two years experience supervising a Production Team preferred. Must also be able to deal effectively and professionally with team members.
- Demonstrated innovation and cost effectiveness with mold design.
- Process capability, troubleshooting, SPC and robotics.
- Excellent external/internal customer and presentation skills to all levels in customer’s organizations. Able to effectively lead a cross-function/departmental internal team.
- Strong multiple project management skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment characterized by high growth.
- 4 - 5 years’ experience in processing engineering grade materials (resins, polyesters, nylons).
- Proficient w/ Whitmann & Yushin Robots.
- Proficient w/ Vision Systems.
- Process control and SPC.
- RJG Pressure Transducer Experience.
- Scientific molding skills for machine set-ups/adjustments.
- Leadership, motivation and coaching skills to develop self-directed Teams.
- Computer and Blueprint reading skills a plus.
- Associate degree in engineering or equivalent experience required.