Nolato GW is a global leader in precision injection molding and contract manufacturing for the world’s most successful healthcare, automotive, and industrial OEMs.
Join an organization that is respected throughout the industry for our advanced technology, quality, and innovation – all while enjoying the benefits of stable ownership, a collaborative culture, professional development, continuing education, global opportunities, and an exceptional benefits package.
In addition to our competitive pay and full benefits package, Nolato GW is proud to offer a $3,000 hiring bonus for this position!
Set Up / Machine Maintenance Technician
Silicone Operations - Engineering
With little supervision, the Set Up / Machine Maintenance Technician has direct responsibility for mold set up, start up, trouble shooting, repair and approval of production runs using accepted Nolato GW quality standards. The following duties also apply:
Sets molds and equipment for production and test runs
Performs material changes, prepares material pumping units for production and test runs
Changes robot EOAT and verifies robot programs
Performs mold set up, start up, trouble shooting, repair and approval of production runs using accepted GW quality standards
Assists in trouble shooting production processes
Monitors production cycle times for cycle creep
Completes machine, robot and equipment preventative maintenance per the defined maintenance schedules
Maintains all machine Preventative Maintenance paperwork and maintains detailed maintenance files and service records
Checks own work
Disassembles, cleans, and re-assembles molds and silicone components as needed.
Requires the ability to plan and lay out own work and take responsibility for due dates
Ability to work with quality department, production supervisor and machine quality technicians to accomplish objectives
Perform other related duties as assigned
- Good performance record, work ethic, demonstrates initiative
- Mold experience desired, or demonstrated mechanical aptitude required
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and manufacturing personnel
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to take a systematic approach to process optimization and problem solving
- Experience with cold runner systems and knowledgeable in precision injection mold tooling
- Knowledge in LSR materials
- Extensive hands-on experience with the entire injection molding process, should be familiar with machinery up to a press capacity of 500 tons
- Up-to-date knowledge of injection molding machine technology and capabilities. Must be willing to attend appropriate seminars or classes to continually improve upon injection mold processing skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills; some knowledge of PC based computer software such as MS Word, Excel, and program management software
- Knowledge in mold design a must
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to twist and turn to move heavy objects.