Nolato GW is a global leader in precision injection molding and contract manufacturing for the world’s most successful healthcare, automotive, and industrial OEMs.
Join an organization that is respected throughout the industry for our advanced technology, quality, and innovation – all while enjoying the benefits of stable ownership, a collaborative culture, professional development, continuing education, global opportunities, and an exceptional benefits package.
In addition to our competitive pay and full benefits package, Nolato GW is proud to offer a $3,000 hiring bonus for this position!
Mold Maintenance Technician
Royalton Operations - Mold Maintenance/Engineering
Mold Maintenance Supervisor/Auto Technician
The Mold Maintenance Technician maintains all Royalton tooling by personally doing the work, using GW’s tool division, or by out sourcing to qualified vendors. This position must coordinate pricing and delivery, and ensure that all quality requirements and specifications are maintained and all repairs are documented and tooling history is maintained. This position is directly responsible to ensure that all production tooling including molds and their components are maintained and available for production use prior to the scheduling of production runs
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works from detailed design drawings, engineering drawings, sketches and verbal
- Tracks maintenance history of molds and scheduled preventive maintenance
- Disassembles, cleans, and reassembles molds as needed.
- Requires the ability to plan and lay out own work.
- Determines accurate and efficient methods to construct and repair molds.
- Selects proper materials and suppliers to ensure timely repairs.
- Sets up and operates all types of tool room equipment to include: lathes, millers,
grinders, heat treating, drill presses, etc.
- Uses various measuring instruments such as calipers, dial indicators, micrometers,
etc. to verify mold/part compliance.
- Checks own workusually works to close tolerances.
- Determines the sequences of operation, method of fabrication, type and amount of
machine work or process operation required.
- Contributes in the design and development of automation equipment including degating stations, end-of-arm tooling and conveyor systems.
- Must be able to give realistic quotes and meet delivery dates.
- Maintains a clean work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
This is an opportunity to join one of the most respected medical device manufacturers in the industry, and receive competitive wages and an outstanding benefits package second to none.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, written instructions, and operating procedures. Written communications skills are a must, as this position requires that detailed documentation of all repairs and related work be properly recorded. Effective verbal communication skills are necessary in order to communicate and resolve problems and issues.
- Apprentice Graduate or 5 years mold experience required.
- Frequent lifting of material 5-25 pounds. Occasional lifting 50 – 60 pounds.
- Ability to contribute in an environment characterized by teamwork, participation, safety awareness, growth and change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary to maintain relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work under little supervision.
- This position requires a high school diploma, equivalent GED, or prior injection molding experience.