Avenue - a Nolato company based in Finisklin Business Park, Sligo is an award-winning mould-building company, and a growing medical device precision injection moulding business that has been successfully serving Ireland and the broader European markets for 30 years. Avenue also brings expertise in building ultra-high-cavitation tooling for the medical device, diagnostics, and pharmaceutical markets.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for creating complete 3D and 2D mould designs, development, and improvement. Designs will include single and multi-cavity tooling, hot and cold runner tooling, side action and unscrewing tools, insert tooling, and two shot.
- Create accurate 2D drawings and 3D mould designs with regards to machinability and cost. Responsible for ensuring the Mould is designed in accordance with the Customers Specific User Requirement specification.
- Responsible for Revision Control of 2D Drawings plus 3D Cad Models related to Project and Past Projects on the Avenue GW System.
- Produce Quick Layout Prints. Provide Design for Manufacture/Design for Tooling Support as required.
- Responsible for maintaining Job file on Project containing all Contract Related Documentation, Project History, Review Minutes etc.
- Responsible for the purchase of all components pertaining to the Project.
- Responsible for taking a project from inception to sign off.
- Support Engineering Department with any design needs.
- Plan and execute projects to ensure that project timelines, quality and cost targets are met.
- Organise, Chair and participate in Project Scope/ Design Review / Pre-Manufacturing Review or other meetings pertaining to the Project.
- Continuously enhance, refine and develop the design templates, reports, tools and methodologies.
- Maintain effective communications with customers to clarify specifications and deal with any queries raised.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Clear understanding and knowledge of plastic injection moulds not limited to, but including multi cavity, hot and cold runner, 3 plate, slide action, unscrewing, insert, and two shot.
- Experience with Solidworks essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- A strong team player with an ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills.
- Tool-making or machining experience is an advantage.
- Mould-flow experience desirable.