Avenue -a Nolato company based in Finisklin Business Park, Sligo is an award-winning mould-building company, and a growing medical device precision injection moulding business that has been successfully serving Ireland and the broader European markets for 30 years. We specialise in the design, manufacture, and validation of multi-cavity, highly complex, injection moulds and complex injection-moulded thermoplastic solutions to the medical device, diagnostic, and pharmaceutical industries.
We are currently seeking an experienced Injection Moulding Tool Setter to support the technical operations of the Production department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare all equipment prior to all changes taking place and carry out minor adjustments under the direction of the production manager.
- Set up and run machines to manufacture components for the medical device industry.
- Stop the injection moulding machine and make it safe before any changes can take place.
- Ensure all previous parts are removed from inside the machine and on top of machine platens.
- Ensure the ancillary equipment is connected and set up correctly (pneumatic, hydraulic and water).
- Perform changes to the new material according to the production schedule.
- Completing all required documentation and quality records.
- Communicate any mechanical/tool related issues to the relevant departments.
- Maintain pipework and mould consumables.
- Pass the injection moulding machine over to production when the change is complete- inform the operator and the shift lead that the machine is now in production.
- Good Housekeeping (6S) – Ensure safety and quality standards are met and safe working practices always adhered to (machines are kept tidy; do not leave tools on machine beds, remove purging, store equipment correctly, etc.)
Skills and Experience:
- Several years’ experience with Tool setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of Injection Moulding machines working with a wide range of materials
- Proven ability of trouble shooting issues to keep production running.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills are essential.