Avenue - a Nolato company based in Finisklin Business Park, Sligo is an award-winning mould-building company, and a growing medical device precision injection moulding business that has been successfully serving Ireland and the broader European markets for 30 years. Avenue also brings expertise in building ultra-high-cavitation tooling for the medical device, diagnostics, and pharmaceutical markets.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Process Technician is to provide Polymer Processing, Tooling, and Engineering experience for a range of products and plastic raw materials and to assist in producing high quality components for the Medical Device and Pharma Companies.
- Responsible for defining and implementing innovative engineering technologies, which will deliver highly efficient and cost-effective processes and equipment improvements.
- Keeping up to date with new technological developments and to maintain and develop moulding standards.
- To provide technical support to Customers and Toolmakers when spec’ing out Mould tools and Materials.
- Participate as required in mould trials & validation.
- To provide production support and maintenance activities as required.
- Training and mentoring of Injection Moulding Technicians and Operators.
- Monitor production and adjust parameters within acceptable ranges to optimise quality and performance ensuring components are run as close to nominal as possible unless instructed otherwise.
- Ensure that all activities carried out are compliant with company quality system requirements.
- Plan and execute projects to ensure that project timelines, quality and cost targets are met.
- Participate in root cause and corrective action to address Quality, Technical, and Manufacturing issues.
- Maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping to ensure area, machines and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean condition.
- Experienced in Injection Moulding, Mould Tooling, Materials, Ancillary equipment and repair and maintenance of all related equipment.
- Team lead, mentoring and training experience essential.
- Experience and knowledge of medical device environment including clean room manufacture, validations, and process controls.
- Knowledge of industry standard optimisation techniques a distinct advantage.
- Training in Polymer, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering is desirable.
- Understanding the principles of Moldflow software.
- A working knowledge of metrology processes is desirable.
- Good mechanical & process trouble shooting aptitude.