Nolato GW is a global leader in precision injection molding and contract manufacturing for the world’s most successful healthcare, automotive, and industrial OEMs.
Join an organization that is respected throughout the industry for our advanced technology, quality, and innovation – all while enjoying the benefits of stable ownership, a collaborative culture, professional development, continuing education, global opportunities, and an exceptional benefits package.
Bethel Plant Manager
The Materials Manager is responsible for the Materials, Purchasing, and Scheduling functions for the Bethel manufacturing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use MRP reports and “pull” inventory concepts to plan and manage raw material, WIP, and finished goods inventory levels efficiently to ensure strong working capital management while simultaneously providing exceptional service to customers.
- Establish production requirements, and oversee scheduling of molding to meet internal stocking requirements and customer orders.
- Oversee the procurement process, ensuring proper inventory levels, process compliance and pricing.
- Produce schedules necessary for all manufacturing operations, facilitating flow of materials to meet internal and external needs.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing concepts such as kan-ban and pull systems to maintain inventory at optimal levels at raw, WIP, FG, Remote Consignment FG locations.
- Perform cycle counts and annual physical inventory for raw materials and finished goods. Periodically review inventory obsolescence.
- Provide Plant Manager with specified month end inventory, variance, and premium freight reports.
- Investigate and resolve inventory level discrepancies when needed.
- Perform Bill of Material and internal ISO audits.
- Spearhead Corrective Actions on any supplier rejected/non-conforming product.
- Supervise staff as required to deliver results.
- Develop personnel to grow in their roles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Management (or related discipline) and/or APICS certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ materials management/supply chain and scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Strong understanding of pull inventory management concepts and experience using ERP/MRP planning systems.
- Ability to apply strong planning, organizational and leadership skills in a hands-on, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in purchasing required.
- Problem solving methodology desired.
- Computer literate with MRP system/software experience required.