Nolato GW is a global leader in precision injection molding and contract manufacturing for the world’s most successful healthcare, automotive, and industrial OEMs.
Join an organization that is respected throughout the industry for our advanced technology, quality, and innovation – all while enjoying the benefits of stable ownership, a collaborative culture, professional development, continuing education, global opportunities, and an exceptional benefits package.
Maintenance Manager/Safety Coordinator
San Antonio Operations - Machine/Facility Maintenance
The Maintenance Manager/Safety Officer is responsible for directing all daily machine and building maintenance activities, controlling spare parts inventories, administering comprehensive Preventive Maintenance and Machine Calibration Programs, and leading plant safety activities and monitoring compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interfacing with all departments and directing unscheduled maintenance activities.
- Coordination of all daily building/grounds maintenance activities and janitorial services.
- Key participant in and Team Leader for monthly Safety Committee Meeting.
- Work order generation for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Maintaining a Computerized Preventative Maintenance/Calibration Management System.
- Interfacing with Production Control to schedule machines down for Preventive Maintenance and Calibration.
- Weekend and night time A1 priority call in support and rotating schedule maintenance.
- Set up and maintenance of spare part parts numbering system.
- Completion and recording of preventative maintenance work.
- Responsible for the day to day functions to ensure machines are up and running.
- Requisitioning of spare parts.
- Stocking of spare parts.
- Expediting of spare parts.
- Returning warranty parts to OEM.
- Maintaining computerized spare parts inventory.
- Kitting of parts and specialized tools for scheduled maintenance.
- Reporting on maintenance activities scheduled vs. unscheduled maintenance, PM adherence, budget adherence, inventory levels and turnover, machine down time, etc.
- On-going maintenance support of all automation.
- Maintenance of Work Order system
- Maintain daily and off-hours/weekend on-call schedules of maintenance technicians
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one to two years technical apprenticeship or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in reading and interpretation of documents such as blue prints, schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply appropriate mathematics principles necessary in maintenance preparation.
- Mechanical aptitude and capacity to employ common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills; some knowledge of PC based computer software such as MS Word 6.0, Excel 5.0, and program management software.
- Proven leadership skills to develop a team approach that will ensure quality and productivity within the department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to twist and turn to move heavy objects. Ability to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs is needed.