Nolato GW is a global leader in precision injection molding and contract manufacturing for the world’s most successful healthcare, automotive, and industrial OEMs.
Join an organization that is respected throughout the industry for our advanced technology, quality, and innovation – all while enjoying the benefits of stable ownership, a collaborative culture, professional development, continuing education, global opportunities, and an exceptional benefits package.
In addition to our competitive pay and full benefits package, Nolato GW is proud to offer a $3,000 hiring bonus for this position!
Royalton Operations- Molding Production
The Team Leader will oversee Production, Quality, and Safety on the shift. The Team leader will have four key areas of responsibility with respect to production: supervising, processing, materials, and mold setting. He or she must have the ability to efficiently set-up, start-up, and maintain molding machines and associated auxiliary equipment while overseeing operations. The Team leader will also see that raw material is handled and processed correctly, and will ensure that employees are adequately supervised and have safe working conditions This position has the direct responsibility for ensuring that the shift and/or assigned area is properly staffed, runs efficiently, and that the production schedule is met. The Team Leader is responsible for the quality of product produced and shipped during his or her shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose and correct problems with the molding processes, including molds, set ups, automation, etc.
- Perform mold set-up, start-up, troubleshooting, repair and approval of production runs using accepted GW quality standards.
- Interface with the LMQT to ensure efficient resolution of problems and minimal machine downtime.
- Monitor molding parameters using approved techniques, to ensure conformance to quality guidelines and standard cycles.
- Initiate MCA’s and work orders to correct problems with molds, molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Comprehend and work with material handling systems.
- Coordinate and assist with training and corrective action.
- Supervise shift employees and manage the performance process, including conducting performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain housekeeping and organization of entire production floor and warehouse (5s’).
- Coordinate staffing and/or machine assignments, including prioritization of secondary operations, mold changes, processing problems.
- Read and follow all instructions on the Quality Assurance Requirements document (QAR).
- Visually inspect product to the requirements as specified on the QAR, Control Plan and the General Appearance Samples (GAS), prior to start-up submission.
- Perform line clearing in the event of process interruptions and/or adjustments.
- Follow company safety rules, procedures and policies and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Strive to be a contributing and supportive member of our team.
- Display a cooperative and positive attitude toward your teammates.
- Perform other duties as may be required or requested.
- To be successful, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required to successfully carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, written instructions, and operating procedures. Written communications skills are a must, as this position requires that detailed documentation of each assigned molding machine be properly recorded. Must have effective verbal communication skills in order to communicate problems and issues to the supervisor and other technical personnel.
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime and weekends.
- Strong multiple project management skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively lead a cross functional/departmental internal team.
- Requires a high school diploma, equivalent GED, or prior injection molding experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, dexterity, and leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of basic measuring equipment.
- Required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift & carry up to 60 lbs.
- May be required to work OT and weekends as assigned.
- May be required to climb on machines to do set-ups and or maintenance.