Nolato GW is a global leader in precision injection molding and contract manufacturing for the world’s most successful healthcare, automotive, and industrial OEMs.
Join an organization that is respected throughout the industry for our advanced technology, quality, and innovation – all while enjoying the benefits of stable ownership, a collaborative culture, professional development, continuing education, global opportunities, and an exceptional benefits package.
In addition to our competitive pay and full benefits package, Nolato GW is proud to offer a $3,000 hiring bonus for this position!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Critiques design for injection molds for functionality and manufacturability. Plans and initiates product and mold revisions. Provides customer
with input on product enhancement.
- Assists in the development of automation and process control concepts to ensure lowest possible part cost and zero defect manufacturing.
- Leads Cross Functional Team through design reviews and APQP process.
-Sources appropriate outside mold makers; obtains, negotiates and evaluates quotations from vendors, making recommendations. Initiates purchase
orders on outside molds. Visits outside mold makers to review tool construction and mold trials.
- Consults internally with the GW tool division on mold design. Provides quotations on product changes.
- Establishes mold maintenance schedule. Reviews, directs and prioritizes all MCA activities.
- Maintains continuous improvement of tooling and troubleshooting of problematic tools.
-Recommends quality standards to customer and manufacturing.
-Supervises sample submissions.
- Supervises and directs Tool Room, P.M.'s, Repairs and Schedules.
- Excellent external and internal customer skills, including presentation skills to all levels of customers' organizations. Able to effectively lead an internal
cross-functional/departmental team. Ability to travel 20% of the time throughout the US.
- Must have thorough understanding of the injection molding process and automation, with a demonstrated capability to integrate tooling into injection
molding automation work cells.
- Strong multiple project program management skills. Must possess proactive customer management skills.
- Mold design for injection molding, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Demonstrated innovation and cost effectiveness with mold design.CAD key knowledge and experience desired.
- Engineering capability, including design of experiment, troubleshooting, geometric tolerancing, SPC, and robotics.
- Knowledge of outside tooling vendor performance.
- Able to thrive in a environment characterized by high growth, participation, and change.
- Engineering degree desired, and three to five years of experience in injection mold design and processing, preferably in the automotive field.
- Abreast of new technology in the mold design and manufacturing field.