Avenue - a Nolato company based in Finisklin Business Park, Sligo is an award-winning mould-building company, and a growing medical device precision injection moulding business that has been successfully serving Ireland and the broader European markets for 30 years. Avenue also brings expertise in building ultra-high-cavitation tooling for the medical device, diagnostics, and pharmaceutical markets.
The Maintenance Engineer will work closely with Production, Tooling, Process Engineering, Quality & Health & Safety teams to ensure that plant priorities are met.
- Investigate and repair breakdowns and malfunctions with a view to minimising equipment downtime. The Maintenance Engineer must be able to work on a range of production equipment and be capable of diagnosing the causes of malfunctions across injection moulding and tooling departments.
- Carry out planned maintenance on all site equipment working to a planned maintenance schedule.
- Contribute and participate in the assignment of equipment priorities, planning and scheduling, maintenance plans, reviews, and failure investigations.
- Carry out project work on new equipment assisting technical staff with development work.
- Assist with the moving or installation of equipment under supervision.
- Carry out Electrical and electromechanical Safety inspection and tasks.
- Manage supplies of spare parts, engaging directly with manufacturers and suppliers of parts, to ensure timely and efficient availability of equipment.
- Investigate and correct processing problems with the assistance of the Production Operations, Tooling, and Engineering teams if necessary.
- Write and update risk assessments and SOPs.
- Communicate to the incoming shift lead on any work which is outstanding and needs to be completed or may cause problems during the shift. This communication should include any health and safety issues.
- Keep the working areas clean and tidy, cleaning up after each maintenance operation.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Carry out miscellaneous maintenance, repair work, additional duties, etc. as instructed by the General Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years Electrical/Electromechanical/ Plumbing maintenance experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience with maintaining and trouble-shooting electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and control systems.
- Previous hands-on electrical experience with the ability to diagnose complex manufacturing engineering-related problems.
- Good organisational, planning and time management skills with a can-do attitude to respond to Production’s ever-changing needs.
- Strong awareness of the relevant statutory and industry codes for electrical maintenance and installations and specifically to have comprehensive knowledge of the Electrical Safety Standards.
- The ability to Risk assess a Job or Task before starting.
- Experience such as working with manufacturing equipment and/or production lines in the medical device industry is desirable.
• Strong Communication and team skills.